For more information about this Arabian Night multi-purpose dye by Dypro 500g product, contact us by quoting the product code DS6000.
- For dyeing large quantities of material
- Sufficient dye for up to 25kg/55lb of dry weight fabric per tin
Browse our product range or get in touch if you need additional information about the Arabian Night multi-purpose dye by Dypro 500g Arabian Night from Dypro
Not suitable for: pure synthetic materials (except nylon): acrylic, acetate, polyester, polyester/wool mixtures and fabrics with special finishes, (for example: fire or stain resistant coatings, waterproofing, etc.) leather, suede.
Instructions for Fabric Dyeing using Dypro Multi-Purpose Dye
Important Information Before Dyeing
Suitable Fabrics:cotton, linen, viscose, wool, silk, nylon and Lycra (elastane).
Not Suitable For: pure synthetics (except nylon), polyester/wool mixtures or fabrics with special finishes.
Multi-Purpose Dye is not colourfast so garments should always be washed separately.
5g of dye powder is sufficient to dye up to 250g/8oz dry weight fabric.
Colour Number/Amount of Dye Powder to use per 500g/1lb fabric:
02,09,10,11,12,15,16,18,19,21,22,25,26,28,32,33,34,39,44,53 / 10g
05,07,17 / 12g
08 / 16g
Instructions for Fabric Dyeing (see separate instructions below for wool, silk, stockings and tights)
1) Wear rubber gloves.
2) Weigh, wash and rinse articles.
3) Fill vessel with sufficient hot water to cover article.
4) Dissolve dye in 500ml/1 pint boiling water (see chart for relevant quantities)and add to the vessel.
5) Add 60g salt per 500g/1lb fabric to the vessel and stir well to dissolve.
6) Immerse the damp article in the solution and bring to the simmer (95?C). Maintain at simmer for 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
7) Rinse article until water runs clear. Dry away from direct heat and sunlight.
8) Wash fabrics dyed with MPD separately.
Wool and Silk
Follow method above, steps 1-4, then:
5) Place damp unfolded fabric into the vessel. Bring slowly to simmer and reduce heat at once. Stir gently for 10 minutes.
6)Remove article from dye solution, supporting the weight, and allow to cool before rinsing in lukewarm water until the water runs clear. Dry away from direct heat and sunlight.
Stockings and Tights
10g of dye will colour 3-5 pairs of heavy nylon stockings or tights. For 4 pairs of 15 denier use half the dye solution to 2.25 litres/4 and a half pints of water.